Charlotte Square Apartments undertook a Certified Level Certification in LEED® for Homes with the help of our LEED for Homes provider, Sustainable Comfort, Inc. Some of the major elements we used to achieve LEED Gold certification are:
- Maximized opportunities for integrated, cost-effective adoption of green design and construction strategies.
- Avoided development on environmentally sensitive sites.
- Made use of compact development patterns to conserve land and promote community livability, transportation efficiency and walkability.
- Minimized indoor demand for water through water-efficient fixtures and fittings.
- Reduced energy costs for the building by providing energy-efficient design and operation.
- Selected an air-conditioning refrigerant to ensure performance and minimize contributions to ozone depletion and global warming.
- Increased demand for environmentally preferred products and/or building components that are extracted, processed and manufactured within the region.
- Promoted a healthy indoor air quality by providing safer materials and proper ventilation.
- Maintained the performance of the home by educating the occupants about the operations and maintenance of the home’s LEED features and equipment.
To learn more about LEED for Homes, visit usgbc.org/LEED.